206 very dim radio display

Don't know if anyone can help me here.
I've had an S reg 1998 206 GLX 1.4 for a few months now. The radio display is very dim & when I switch the headlights on it almost
disappears completely.
I had some work done it recently which meant the battery was disconnected. When I started it up I had to reset the date etc. & I noticed it said DIM in the radio display which led me to believe there must be an adjuster for it somewhere but it''s not in the manual.
Am I missing something? Any help appreciated
--
Anita

Add pictures here
βœ–
The same button on the instrument panel (left one) that adjusts instrument lights works for the radio too.

Add pictures here
βœ–

Thank you for your reply but the dial that adjusts the dash lights doesn't affect the radio display at all - it's all very odd - especially the way it all goes even dimmer when I switch the headlights on
--
Anita

Add pictures here
βœ–
Anita They are designed to go dim when the headlights are switched on this is perfectly normal. You probably have a lamp gone in the radio display itself. I have a 406 and the display is separate from the radio. I expect yours may be the same . In this case there are 2 bulbs used as a back light to illuminate the display. New bulbs are about £1.30 each and very easy to fit. Mike

display
disconnected.
DIM
for
Add pictures here
βœ–
Hi Mike,
I have the same problem with my 4 year old 406; very dim, and gone completely when the lights are on. What is the exact type of bulb I need? I found three bulbs behind the display, but i can’t get any info on them at all. Please help.
James
Anita They are designed to go dim when the headlights are switched on this is perfectly normal. You probably have a lamp gone in the radio display itself. I have a 406 and the display is separate from the radio. I expect yours may be the same . In this case there are 2 bulbs used as a back light to illuminate the display. New bulbs are about £1.30 each and very easy to fit. Mik
"Michael Roche" wrote
> Anita > They are designed to go dim when the headlights are switched > on this is > perfectly normal. > You probably have a lamp gone in the radio display itself. > I have a 406 and the display is separate from the radio. I > expect yours may > be the same . In this case there are 2 bulbs used as a back > light to > illuminate the display. New bulbs are about £1.30 each and > very easy to fit. > Mike
> message > > > >> > > >> Don't know if anyone can help me here. > > >> > > >> I've had an S reg 1998 206 GLX 1.4 for a few months now. > The radio > display > > >> is very dim & when I switch the headlights on it almost > disappears > > >> completely. > > >> > > >> I had some work done it recently which meant the battery > was > disconnected. > > >> When I started it up I had to reset the date etc. & I > noticed it said > DIM > > >> in the radio display which led me to believe there must > be an adjuster > for > > >> it somewhere but it''s not in the manual. > > >> > > >> Am I missing something? Any help appreciated > > >> -- > > >> Anita > > > > > > > > > > Thank you for your reply but the dial that adjusts the dash > lights > > doesn't affect the radio display at all - it's all very odd > - especially > > the way it all goes even dimmer when I switch the headlights > on > > -- > > Anita
βœ–

OK Help!
I have a 406 with no back light to the radio.
Is there an easy way to replace the bulbs? Or is it a total strip of the front of the radio from the inside?
--
Mick Whittingham
'and I will make it a felony to drink small beer.'
> In article
> >Hi Mike, > > > >I have the same problem with my 4 year old 406; very dim, and > gone > >completely when the lights are on. > >What is the exact type of bulb I need? I found three bulbs > behind the > >display, but i can't get any info on them at all. > >Please help. > > > >James > > > >Anita > >They are designed to go dim when the headlights are switched > on this > >is > >perfectly normal. > >You probably have a lamp gone in the radio display itself. > >I have a 406 and the display is separate from the radio. I > expect > >yours may > >be the same . In this case there are 2 bulbs used as a back > light to > >illuminate the display. New bulbs are about £1.30 each and > very easy > >to fit. > >Mike > > > OK Help! > > I have a 406 with no back light to the radio. > > Is there an easy way to replace the bulbs? > Or is it a total strip of the front of the radio from the > inside? > -- > Mick Whittingham > 'and I will make it a felony to drink small beer.' > William Shakespeare, Henry VI part 2.
βœ–
Normally when this problem occurs the bulb in the unit has turned silver and therefore the display is not as bright - I have changed a few on ford audio units and it`s a case of removing the set and then the front panel where you will find a small capless bulb - if the Peugeot set is the same and you are having problems finding a bulb - Ford parts departments usually stock them - ours does anyway ! The display usually goes dimmer when you put your lights on to stop glare at night off the display ! Hope this helps !
On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:51:06 GMT, Anita Friel

Add pictures here
βœ–
Normally when this problem occurs the bulb in the unit has turned silver and therefore the display is not as bright - I have changed a few on ford audio units and it`s a case of removing the set and then the front panel where you will find a small capless bulb - if the Peugeot set is the same and you are having problems finding a bulb - Ford parts departments usually stock them - ours does anyway ! The display usually goes dimmer when you put your lights on to stop glare at night off the display ! Hope this helps !
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:30:02 GMT, Anita Friel

[...]

On Tues, 10 Oct 2006 19:30:02 GMT, Anita Friel

Add pictures here
βœ–
Normally when this problem occurs the bulb in the unit has turned silver and therefore the display is not as bright - I have changed a few on ford audio units and it`s a case of removing the set and then the front panel where you will find a small capless bulb - if the Peugeot set is the same and you are having problems finding a bulb - Ford parts departments usually stock them - ours does anyway ! The display usually goes dimmer when you put your lights on to stop glare at night off the display ! Hope this helps ! On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:30:02 GMT, Anita Friel

Add pictures here
βœ–
Normally when this problem occurs the bulb in the unit has turned silver and therefore the display is not as bright - I have changed a few on ford audio units and it`s a case of removing the set and then the front panel where you will find a small capless bulb - if the Peugeot set is the same and you are having problems finding a bulb - Ford parts departments usually stock them - ours does anyway ! The display usually goes dimmer when you put your lights on to stop glare at night off the display ! Hope this helps !
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:30:02 GMT, Anita Friel

Add pictures here
βœ–
Sorry if multiple posts have turned up - I have had a problem with my software - it should be rectified now !
Mike D
.

Add pictures here
βœ–
4ax.com:

Stop using Ford software on your PC ! (joke) :-)
--
Tunku

"end user" v. A command regrettably not implemented in most systems.
βœ–
you can tell what i think of Fords due to the fact that i have never owned one in my 20 years working on them and the fact that i drive a Peugeot !
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 12:48:02 -0600, Tunku

Add pictures here
βœ–