206 HDi Diagnostic light

Can anyone help me please. My diagnostic light keeps coming on. When the car was under warranty I took it back twice and was fobbed off with gobbledegook (cos I'm a woman). Nine month ago it came on again, local garage said the fault came up as '0221 Accelerator pedal position sensor 2 signal improbable' but they could not find anything wrong. Just recently came on again, diagnosed with same problem - I was told that the 'computer' did not like the way I drive. Apparently slightly resting foot on clutch while driving affects the computer and prompts the light to come on. Again it was reset and now is back on. Please, can anyone come up with another explanation?

Nicci

Reply to
Proteus

Slightly resting your foot on the clutch whilst driving also affects the amount of wear on your clutch and affects you petrol consumption in the end, and in an emergency brake situation your clutch will go down before your brake, which is the wrong way round. Sorry, didn't mean to lecture. Hotfoot

Reply to
outofthewoods