Diagnostic Light

I have a 2004 (54 Plate) Carisma 1.9 DID, recently the Airflow Mass Sensor (Part No. M887504) went down, although the degeneration was gradual until finally it lacked any power at all when the engine was under load. As I could not afford the =A3405 + VAT that Mitsubishi wanted, I managed to locate a second hand part that seemed to cure the problem. I say seemed because after just 2 days of running, when climbing a gradient from a cold start the diagnostic light came back on although there was no loss of power, and once back on the level the light went out. There is obviously a reason, but what is the problem? Has anyone else expienced something similar. Any help please!

Reply to
turning-grey

Am I having a senior moment here, or should this still be covered by the maker's warranty?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

It may not be. It depends on the length of the warranty from Mitsubishi.

Reply to
ABC

The second hand part may have been no better than the shagged one you replaced - that's the fun in getting second hand parts.

Take it to Mitsi and get em to read the fault codes before you go throwing anymore money away.

Reply to
Conor

I thought Jap stuff had all been three years now for a long time?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

It should be 3 years, but could well of done a high mileage.

Reply to
moray

It's three years unlimited milage according to the (admittedly questionable) info on Honest Johns...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

It could be anything, you need to get the fault codes read, as the reason will be still stored (with abit of luck)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..