305 starting problems - ideas?

My 1988 305 GR Break has just developed an annoying habit - when I do a cold start the starter engine turns rapidly diminish as if the battery is empty. No warning lights show up though, and there's no problem once it's warmed up.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Zeus

Its old. Not necessarily any great problem, have you renewed the battery in the time you've owned the vehicle? Could be worth having a pre-winter check up on your anti-freeze, battery and other fluid levels. Most major auto places offer free winter car checks, worth taking them up on it.

Reply to
Longshot

I had a similar problem on my 306 which was cured my putting some sort of injector cleaner in my fuel tank.

Reply to
Sean