306 1.6 xs 1994, Misifiring when cold, Overheating on long journeys.

My car has two issues, I don't know whether they're connected but they're both seemingly temperature related:

Firstly, when I start the car it misfires until it has warmed up and then it runs smooth again, typically after a few minutes.

Secondly and more importantly on longish journeys the car overheats unless its going fast enough, I have topped up the radiator, and can hear the fan running when i'm stuck in traffic and the car is overheating.

Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be, and how I could fix it?

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paulie G