306 1.6 xs 1998 idle problem

I have seem to have this problem with my idle speed, it is always either idleling a little low or a little high, making the car slighly shake as its idle speed is very eratic, does any 1 know what things could be causing this.

Any help appreciated

thanks

Reply to
Az via CarKB.com

The idle stepper motor is a good place to start. It regulates the idle speed. Take it out and clean it and the throttle body with some carb cleaner.

Reply to
Steve Gibbs