306 xl (96) alarm annoyance

Hi,

I bought a 306 XL (96) a few months back. All has been well up until the last 2 weeks when the alarm has started to go off for seemingly no reason at random intervals maybe once or twice a day. Firstly how do I turn the ultrasonics off and still have the alarm and deadlock on the doors?

Secondly what might be causing this "over-sensitivity"? I would ideally like to have this sorted so my car can operate at it's maximum level of security again.

Thanks for any advice you guys can give me,

Dazza

Reply to
:: Dazza ::

when mine started to do this i found out it was my bonnet protection. The little post which detects whether the bonnet is open had broken off and the cable was hanging down by the fan. It would trigger off for no reason. It could be this which is causing you probs! The cable comes from the left side (driver side) of the engine and goes round the edge to the front. Check this cos this is quite common from what they say at Peugeot (design fault then!).

scott

Reply to
scott

Sounds familiar :-( I had this happen to me a few weeks ago. It turned out to be the bonnet switch. Cost me £75 at the Peugeot garage to replace.

To check whether it's the ultrasonics first, there should be a little button just by the ignition. Press and hold this button for a couple of seconds before removing the key, and this will allow you to alarm the doors without operating the ultrasonics. This way, if it still goes off, it's the door or bonnet switches (or a problem with the alarm itself).

-- Hugo Nebula "You know, I'd rather see this on TV. Tones it down". - Laurie Anderson

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

ideally like

It's worth having your battery checked. My alarm used to go off occasionally for no reason. Then, when I had the battery replaced, the false alarms stopped.

Stuart

Stuart Dalby

Get a baseball bat and break all the windows. I did this for the guy up the street and it fixed his alarm -- it doesn't go off in the middle of the night any more!

Reply to
Earhole Gringo [not his real n

no cos chances are that some dufus come along with his drug taking posse and torched it not long after you done his windows. I would say dont worry, when it begins to rain again water will get into it and stop it from working!

Oh, and i dont have a baseball bat cos they are only effective on ppl who dont know how to defend themselves against them.

scott

Reply to
scott