306 xsi N-reg o/s indicators stick on when unlocking car

When unlocking the car with the key fob, the indicators flash rapidly a few times. Recently, the off side indicators (all of them) stay on (permanently, even without the keys in the ignition) and it's a major hassle to get them to turn off (ie. opening and closing the car with the fob until they eventually "unstick"). The problem has become so bad, I now do not use the fob. Does anyone know what's going on & how to resolve it?

Reply to
Riggers

Known fault.

Sticking relay in alarm control unit. The unit is contained within the drivers side rear wing panel. Try taking it out and giving the relays a light rap with the handle of a screwdriver. I eventually had to carefully drill a small hole on the top of the offending relay and have had no problems since.

A new unit is VERY expensive.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

Jim,

Many thanks for this info. I thought it may be a relay, but couldn't find the alarm box. In fact, I still can't! Could you describe exactly where it is, and how I access it? I had a look in the boot, but can't see an obvious way to access the rear panel (all the fabric is stuck to the metal work with adhesive). My Haynes manual's about as useful as a chocolate teapot, telling me nothing other than take it to a dealer! Mine's a N-reg 306xsi, I don't know if they put these things in different places? Again, many thanks for any help you can offer.

Reply to
Riggers

It isn't in the boot. Assuming you have a 3 door then it is behind the panel next to the rear seat on the drivers side. If it is 5 door then I have misinformed you - it is under the drivers seat in that case.

I have emailed you pics re where to look.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

"Jim Mason2" wrote: > In article > , > > snipped-for-privacy@nospam.amcor-flexibles.com says... > > Jim, > > > > Many thanks for this info. I thought it may be a relay, but > couldn't find > > the alarm box. In fact, I still can't! Could you describe > exactly where it > > is, and how I access it? I had a look in the boot, but can't > see an obvious > > way to access the rear panel (all the fabric is stuck to the > metal work > > with adhesive). My Haynes manual's about as useful as a > chocolate teapot, > > telling me nothing other than take it to a dealer! Mine's a > N-reg 306xsi, > > I don't know if they put these things in different places? > Again, many > > thanks for any help you can offer. > > It isn't in the boot. Assuming you have a 3 door then it is > behind the > panel next to the rear seat on the drivers side. If it is 5 > door then I > have misinformed you - it is under the drivers seat in that > case. > > I have emailed you pics re where to look. > > Jim

Lo all,

Could I also have the pics re: where to find the alarm control unit on a 3 door ?95 N Plate 306. I think my mallet would like a chat with it. Driving round at the mo with left indicators permanently lit, trying not to attract attention from the fuzz!

Thanks in advance

Steve

Reply to
Run4Cover

Send me your email address and I will forward.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

can i ask i have the same problem is the box the one with two plugs onit one for alram and one for the central locking ?

Reply to
pauls440