307 brake system problem.

Hi there,

My 2001(51)307 2.0 hdi has recently started doing the following.Upon gentle braking and when coming to a stop(10mph) i think the abs is kicking in because i get a pulseating through the brake peddle and a wierd noise(same as when the abs does kick in)...it does not do it everytime only 75% of the time.also the red stop light flashes up for a millisecond(though stop light only seems to flicker only once when you 1st use the car in the morning when its cold ,just after youve pressed brake pedal and accelerated again)....i hope someone understands what im babbling on about and can help me.....regards..martyn.

Reply to
martyn malone

first port of call is a brake check if one corner isnt working then the abs system will see it as " slip"

Reply to
Mindwipe

I had a similar problem with a 406 that turned out to be a split toothed ring on each driveshaft that fooled the ABS into believing the wheels had locked up. Once the driveshafts were replaced the ABS worked as it should.

Hope this helps.

Marc

Reply to
Marc Barbour

n hfdjh gflj lfdj lk'gsd [gsldfg k;lsdfpg jlksdf glsdfjkg lsd flgsd[FGoSd gsdfjg slfd gkj slfd jgsldfj gsldf lkg slfeg sgdjksgklslgd

Babis

Ï "Marc Barbour" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá news:epg9ts$rbk$ snipped-for-privacy@news.freedomsurf.net...
Reply to
Babis Kapoios