307 Hdi 90 2001/51 'Pinking' - UPDATE

Well we've had a full and thorough diagnostic by Charters of Alton, and to my surprise They admitted that This is a known problem, they themselves have had about 4 cars like mine. The cause is a faulty high pressure diesel pump, metal particles are found in the fuel filter. The solution - Peugeot authorised and insist on the replacement of the Injectors, high pressure pump, fuel filters, all fuel pipelines and the fuel tank. Basically a whole new fuel delivery system. Lucky its still under warranty, they said its about £2500 of work. Charters have done a very good job, and now the car drives like a new car, smooth and quiet. On reflection I think we've had a faulty car for a long time. I was never impressed by the MPG, but since the change-out (8/7/04) the trip computer MPG has jumped from around 39mpg to 46mpg.

Robert (Basingstoke)

Reply to
Rob (UK)

Thats good news. I have read about the metal particles before. I'll check my HDI sometime.

Reply to
Ben Cowell