307 HDI Alarm fault - Movement Detector Removal?

I want to remove and mark the two detectors in my 2 year old 1.6 HDI could someone tell me how they are clipped onto window posts?

I have had numerous small niggling problems, the latest is my Alarm intermittently going off both outside and inside my garage at night usually when cold. Its been back twice and the garage says there is nothing wrong, but I am getting tired of annoying neighbors! and I am now trying to get the detectors replaced because I have not had the problem with setting the alarm without them and I want to make sure they are in fact replaced!

For your information I have a top engine mount that "clonks" (they have put grease on it and say most 1.6 HDI's do it!), the servo linkage also "clonks" when the pedal is released quickly (the garage also says this is normal and I did notice that another 307 did the same, but mine did not do it 12months ago).

Its a shame about these faults as its a nice car to drive.

Any other advice of how to get Peugeot to sort these faults before the waranty expires in 12 months time would also be appreciated.

Reply to
Peter Hemmings

As for the clonking in the engine bay, my 2.0lt petrol engine was doing that too and it turned out to be the exhaust manifold mount...it was loose. They simply tightended it up. As for an alarm...wouldn't have a clue, mine didn't come with one. Dan.

Peter Hemm> I want to remove and mark the two detectors in my 2 year old 1.6 HDI

Reply to
tricky4000