307 Smart Nav fitted from new causing Alarm to trigger - Waranty Length?

I have had a 307 1.6 HDI for a year and is now 2 years old. After many hours in and out of dealer (changed sensors and Alarm module) I have now found the source of problem. Alarm triggers at night when the sat nav is updated/given diagnostic test from server (this has mobile phone connection for downloading route etc). It was fitted as new by another local Peugeot Dealer. I have spoked to Smart Nav who say its only covered by a one year warranty, but the fault was for triggering the alarm (but we did not know what was causing it at the time). I have acquired the original "Internal Invoice" for its pre-delivery fit of "Peugeot Kit" and now the garage seems a bit reluctant to carry out repairs FOC. What are the legalities in this case? (yes I know I can buy a new GPS for £139 but this one is already fitted and is out of sight!)

Regards

Reply to
Peter Hemmings

Rather than waiting for all the "well my mate heard that you could do this or that", you would be far better off contacting your local trading standards office, who will give you very precise information and advice on your rights. The very fact that you are in touch with them may be enough to galvanise your Peugeot dealer into action. Certainly your rights as a consumer do not stop at the end of the manufacturer's one year warranty period. Browsing the Which? website might also bring some useful information.

Reply to
Brian

Thanks for that.

Just rang local Trading Standards who said warranties may not apply in my case, go and find out exactly what is covered. Peugeot's website is not specific about pre-delivery "fits" and their Customer Service said he THOUGHT it was not covered for 3 years, but could not confirm this! He said that as I am still waiting for the original dealer (who did the fitting) to come back to me, I should wait for their decision. If I was unhappy then I could get back to them for a final decision, which would take less than 4 days.

Regards

Reply to
Peter Hemmings