307 Non starter on key, but will if towed.

I have a 51 plate Peugeot 307 2.0 hdi that will not start with the ignition key even though the engine turns over fine. However, if you tow it only a short distance it will start easily and drive and run perfectly. Once you turn it off it will not start again, even when warm. It?s been into Peugeot and they couldn?t offer an explaination. Can anyone help?

Reply to
miker1

sounds like the cam shaft posision sensor is faulty i had this problem with mine a few years ago i would not start with the key but would if towed for a short distance hope this helps from chris

"miker1" wrote: > I have a 51 plate Peugeot 307 2.0 hdi that will not start with > the ignition key even though the engine turns over fine. > However, if you tow it only a short distance it will start > easily and drive and run perfectly. Once you turn it off it > will not start again, even when warm. It's been into Peugeot > and they couldn't offer an explaination. Can anyone help?

Reply to
chrisg1

sorry CRANK SHAFT position sensor chris :oops

"chrisg1" wrote

Reply to
chrisg1

cheers for that , i will mention it to my mechanic

"chrisg1" wrote

Reply to
miker1

Hello Miker1,

I saw your message and I was thinking on your transponder in your key, is it not damaged some way. Did you ever let your keys fall on the ground, maybe you did and the chip is damaged. I?ll hope I?d helpt you if not it was some try to help your problem solved!

"miker1" wrote: > I have a 51 plate Peugeot 307 2.0 hdi that will not start with > the ignition key even though the engine turns over fine. > However, if you tow it only a short distance it will start > easily and drive and run perfectly. Once you turn it off it > will not start again, even when warm. It's been into Peugeot > and they couldn't offer an explaination. Can anyone help?

Reply to
autostoring

thanks for that , i never thought of it , iwill put some batterys in the spare key and try them . regards mike

"autostoring" wrote: > Hello Miker1, > > I saw your message and I was thinking on your transponder in > your key, is it not damaged some way. > Did you ever let your keys fall on the ground, maybe you did > and the chip is damaged. > I'll hope I'd helpt you if not it was some try to help your > problem solved! > > With Kind Regards, > > Autostoring > the Netherlands > Europe. :?:

Reply to
miker1