Fuel pipe from pump to rail on 806

HELP. My Peugeot 806 1999 HDI model had a new pump etc before we bought it. However, 4 weeks after we bought it, it sprung a diesel link at the union on the pipe from the pump to the diesel rail (at the rail end). The Green Flag man tried to tightened it (but I suspect overtightened it) and couldn`t, after many attempts, stop it leaking. I bought a new pipe (=A37) and fitted it, not tightening it too much...3 days went fine with no leaks. However, today, it`s started leaking again...now what? Do I retighten it and can I use threadlock to stop it loosening again? The engine does vibrate but I wouldn`t say it was excessive.....how tight can I go???....TIA.....

Reply to
eevoob

Use a good thread lock,and yes u can do it up a bit more but be careful.

Reply to
Chrs

Hi, thanks for the replies. Can`t rule out the rail but replacing the pipe cured it, albiet for a short time. I`ve tightened the union nut, a little (not as much as said here) and it`s cured it again. I appreciate that pressures are high and the union nut shouldn`t work loose... I`d also noticed, as had the Green Flag man , that the actual length of the nut up against the rail on the old pipe was touching and thus at max turns and so no more turns were possible...this wasn`t true at the other end (pump end)..plenty off travel left.....anyway...it`s "cured" for now so I`ll keep my eye on it...or nose!!!!! Hate plumbing too!!!

Reply to
eevoob

Hi, thanks for the replies. Can`t rule out the rail but replacing the pipe cured it, albiet for a short time. I`ve tightened the union nut, a little (not as much as said here) and it`s cured it again. I appreciate that pressures are high and the union nut shouldn`t work loose... I`d also noticed, as had the Green Flag man , that the actual length of the nut up against the rail on the old pipe was touching and thus at max turns and so no more turns were possible...this wasn`t true at the other end (pump end)..plenty off travel left.....anyway...it`s "cured" for now so I`ll keep my eye on it...or nose!!!!! Hate plumbing too!!! If the nut is "bottoming" on the thread, then it might be that you are unable to tighten it enough. In which case it should be possible to take the pipe off, and carefully file the nut edge to allow more clearance.

Reply to
Brian

Update..a few months have now passed and after taking the car to a garage to look at, the leak was sorted for a while. However, it has now started to leak AGAIN!! I`m at my wits end as to what to do. I`m going to buy another pipe (they`re cheap enough) and fit it. But why is it doing this?Is it a known fault? Is there any other solution to this? Weld it on? Pump end union is fine and always has been. Could it be the rail?...it has been checked....if need be, I`m going to buy a new one (bit more expensive I guess!). Is it worth paying Peugeot to fit the new pipe and put the onus on them to sort it??Please, any help or solution to this would be very much appreciated..it`s driving me NUTS!!!

Reply to
eevoob

Update..a few months have now passed and after taking the car to a garage to look at, the leak was sorted for a while. However, it has now started to leak AGAIN!! I`m at my wits end as to what to do. I`m going to buy another pipe (they`re cheap enough) and fit it. But why is it doing this?Is it a known fault? Is there any other solution to this? Weld it on? Pump end union is fine and always has been. Could it be the rail?...it has been checked....if need be, I`m going to buy a new one (bit more expensive I guess!). Is it worth paying Peugeot to fit the new pipe and put the onus on them to sort it??Please, any help or solution to this would be very much appreciated..it`s driving me NUTS!!! At this point in time it might be worth talking to your local Peugeot Stealer.

Reply to
Brian