307 RALLY--ROAD VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

PICTURES AND SPECIFICATIONS ON

josip novosel

This is the same link as he previously gave info on 206 Headlights!!!!!

I believe it is just a stupid logging page!!!

Regards, John

Reply to
John J. Burness

Hello,

Good to know... BTW, I'm pretty sure the 307WRC engine is the same than the

206WRC (2.0 20v turbo +intercooler, XU generation, somtehing like XU10J5TE ?), and indeed : Does someone really have 307WRC specs ? I just got a photo - looks like a 307CC.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

from what i'v heard the 307WRC has the alloy lump of a 406 1.8i bored up to 2.0 liters, i'm not sure about the 206 WRC

do you know a thing or two about brake pads

it's developing to an intresting discussion

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com

Grrzzz

Marc

Reply to
Marc

Hello,

Damn, so not the same engine than the 206WRC ? Note that it was pretty close to the BTCC's 406 (same power, same block, same arch.).

No, the only thing I read was they finally kept Grönholm as 1st driver, and took Freddy Loix as 2nd driver. They also have a partnership contract with the ESA - makes me think that a lot of carbon fiber, kevlar or anything so secret I don't know it exists, should be all around the car...

Indeed ! But I guess we'll know more after next Monte-Carlo Rally (which is due within 2 weeks, IIRC).

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

the thing was I need new pads on my 406, the discision is in artikle nr snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com called greenstuf/brembo on a 406

your greatly invited to discus along...

i need my pads before that, and i don't think pug is giving me the

307WRC thing....

oh btw the 307wrc is indeed developed from the 307cc the 206wrc had a to short wheel base to be alltime succesfull in the of road rally's, and is to short as a standard productioncar so they made a series wich was in fact a little streched ( biggerfront bumper, rearbumper) to comply the FIA rules (lenght must be 4.005 m at least) on tarmac the short wheelbase can be an advantage however

politics

FIA homologation rules say that there has to be a production of 2500 cars alike the wrc car in the year before the homologation sure pug sells enough 206's and could sell many more 206 ( wrx....?) but i bet the want to market the 307 CC a little more to push the sellings up.

here is some info on the 307WRC

Tuesday, August 26th 2003.

Although heavier than the saloon - like any coupé cabriolet, the 307 CC requires a certain number of stiffeners, the 307 WRC project benefited from the new legislation which increased the minimum legal weight of the body to 320 kg. The folding parts forming the roof of the cabriolet are now fixed.

One innovation is the 307 WRC gearbox, a 5 speed Hewland, which is located at the rear of the engine in a transverse position, contrary to the one on the 206 WRC which is in a longitudinal position.

A conical counter gear situated behind the centre differential provides the drive to the rear wheels. The three differentials ? front, centre and rear ? are electronically managed.

Another new feature is that the engine is no longer the XU9J4 but the more recent XU7JP4, still with an aluminium block. This engine is fitted to the 406 1.8 litres but here it is 2.0 litres cc. Power is approximately 300 bhp at an engine speed of 5250 rpm with a torque of

580 Nm at 3500 rpm.

Homologation of this racing vehicle will be required by January 2004. To obtain homologation, 2500 307 CC 180 bhp vehicles must have been produced, at the same time as 25.000 vehicles in the 307 CC range, in twelve consecutive months.

technical

ENGINE

Type ? XU7JP4 Position ? Front, transverse Number of cylinders ? 4 Capacity ? 1,997cc Bore x stroke (mm) ? 85 x 88 Power ? 300 bhp DIN at 5,250 rpm Torque ? 580 Nm at 3,500 rpm Cylinder head ? Aluminium Valves ? 4 per cylinder Cylinder block ? Aluminium Camshafts ? 2 OHC Fuel system ? MAGNETI-MARRELLI STEP 9 Turbo ? GARRETT HONEYWELL Lubrication ? Carbon wet sump Fuel feed ? Injection electronic control Heat exchange ? Air - Air

TRANSMISSION

Clutch ? Carbon, 6?? triple plate Gearbox ? transverse, 5 speed HEWLAND Differentials ? Active front, rear and central

SUSPENSION

Front and rear ? McPherson type Shock absorbers ? PEUGEOT

STEERING

Type ? power steering, rack and pinion

BRAKES

Front ? Vented 370 mm diameter discs and 8-pot calipers (295mm*) Rear ? 370 mm diameter discs (295mm*)

4-pot calipers

DIMENSIONS

Wheelbase ? 2.610 m Length ? 4.344 m Width ? 1.770 m Height ? 1.370 m Wheels ? O.Z. 8x18" (7x15*) Tyres ? MICHELIN 20x65x18" (17x65x15*) Weight ? 1,230 kg Fuel tank capacity ? 90 liters Fuel ? F.I.A. Lubrication ? TOTAL

Grrrzzz

Marc

Reply to
Marc

Hi,

206 GT special series, based on GTi (S16 here). We agree.

Less stability, easier to "throw" into curves.

They made 4000 GTs (kind of gift to owners, as only 2500 were needed).

Sure the 2500 307 CCs are built. We could imagine them to build "no worry about selling them" 2500CCs as they built all the needed 200 205T16s before selling them. Even if one stayed at Peugeot Sochaux (now in Museum).

Ah :-)

Sure it's XU7, not XU10 ? However, I see it's a XU, once again... The most titled engine made by Pug (7 times world rally champion, 7 times won the Paris-Dakar, IIRC, and twice Pikes Peak) :-) (Yes, I love XUs for some reasons I don't know myself).

Seems it uses a low part of XU9 :-)

Quite low revs.

Quite low revs, long stroke rules, not a bad idea for a rally car.

Strange choice 4 valves.

:-( Would have preffered a Bosch Motronic v7 or v8.

5, not 6 ?

Electronically controlled, I suppose ?

Steel discs ?

Seems a bit heavy to me, but it's a 4WD...

Thanks for the info. I suspect some of these as being a bit wrong (5 gears would amaze me).

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

yup it's a beefed up XU7, got the info from pug

I know i drove about 900.000km's in XUD's and the HDI i got now is also a XUD based lump, we share the same love

it's what pug say's, but seeing the masive torque i guess it has the more or less standard gear setup of a long 1e and four close ratio gears

one cant do without these day's ( yes i got them too! )

I supose some ceramic whatever stuf, dont now

again the info came from pug as they published it on their website i'd prefer a 6 gear probably but i havent driven the 307wrc....

you can find some info here

Marc

Hello,

OK.

True, HDis are DW1xT series, and it's known that W range is an evolution of XUs - that tends to prove that the XU was a damn well designed engine, remember it was released in 1980, IIRC and still up to date !

Perhaps. All these gears / gearbox question will have an answer with the Monte-Carlo, IMO. Wait & see.

You got an active suspension system on the 406 ? I guess I took it wrong...

Perhaps some info is wrong, as it's racing info, it may volountary be wrong.

Neither have I :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

it is a rare option but some ( few ) were fitted with them.

Reply to
Marc

Hello,

Ok, so I got it the right way. Does it bring something new / unusual compared to "conventionnal" suspensions ? I.e, what about comfort, handling, ... ?

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Iasked the prev owner who happens to be theowner of several pug and toyota gagages and a transport company

the story is that he had it installed from a coupé ( dont aks me how they did that) which he initially wanted to have, but since he has three little children the break was wat he ended up with... so he spiced it up with the servo driven shocks, a faster chip ( 138 BHP) and some more coupe stuff. it has five presets from soft to hard absorption, ( wich i understand is rare since the coupe has only sport and soft.). they also have a class N 206 rally car so i suspect they used something of that to, when i see him again i'll ask

Grrzz

Marc

Reply to
Marc