406 ABS warning

I've got a 1998 406 glx auto with a warning light showing for the ABS. I've sent it to a garage and they have checked the logs (whatever that means) and they say there is nothing showing up. They say that the sensors are all showing optimum readings apart from one which is just a bit below optimum.

They are recommending that they replace that sensor and see if that works but if not they will have to continue looking. As the job is going to cost a bit I would like to get more info as it sounds a bit open-ended.

Any ideas anyone?

Reply to
sue palmer

hi sue my name is derek in whalley range manchester, i had a garage for 12 years and still connected with the trade now. checking the logs means they have interrogated the ecu with the diagnostic machine and nothing is logged as being faulty. the abs sensors gather brake dust as a normal part of their life and need to be cleaned when your brakes are serviced otherwise they become clogged and give false readings. i have just bought a november

98 406 1.9 glx td for £700 and have just replaced rear shoes and blown out the excess dust with compressed air and same with the front discs and sensors, not all peugeot fitters are as vigilant as this as they have other stuff on their minds???????. u know what i mean. hope this helps. derek.
Reply to
greaser