406 GTX Gearbox First Gear

Hello, Im back here once again with yet another problem with my beloved Pug 406 GTX 110. Was at lights this evening on a slight hill and went to engage first gear on light change and nothing. Gear was going into gear if you like but car wouldnt go forward I kept rolling back, it felt like I was putting first gear into nothing. Put in second and set off fine and was working then for the rest of the 2 min journey home. Just been out around the block in it again tonight and it seems fine, in gear everything. Is there something wrong with the gear box, please tell me not as I dont think that I can spend anymore money on this car, could have bought a nearly new one for what I have spent on this. I can't take anymore............... (sorry for the moan)!

Reply to
Fed Up Young Lady Driver