406 ML5T Speedometer drive replacement

Hi,

The Speedo on my 406 has packed up. After some fault finding, I found that the drive gear located in the gearbox has snapped - so it jams on the pinion on the bottom of the speedo sensor / slips on the shaft its located on.

Is this a possible fix at home job or does anyone know what its going to entail having a dealer fix it?

The haynes manual gives the procedure for the other 406 gearboxes, but not the ML5T.

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
Markc123