Cruise Control in 306 Estate HDI

Hi,

I've recently bought a 2.nd hand 306 Estate HDI from 2000. I replaced the remote controlled CD/Radio with my beloved Sony (with MP3 playback) and now I've got the crazy idea that the, now obsolete, remote control arm on the steering column could be utilized for cruise control.

I've heard that when buying the optionally cruise control from a dealer, it's just an extra arm to be fitted at the column, followed by a battery reset to force the computer to initialise and find the new extra.

Is there someone out there with access to a schematic diagram, who will be able to verifye my idea (or kill it, if it's too high flying...)

I have checked the speed cable, and it ends in a potentiometer housing, so I figured that the model might be prepared for cruise control, but could there be anything else to check, e.g. computer type?

And a last small request: I'm curious about the possibility of connecting my laptop to the diagnosis connector and make readouts my self. Anyone who have done so?

Kind regards

Mogens

Reply to
Mogens Ranneries