Does heater matrix need replacing?

Hi, I seem to get very intermittent heat coming into the car even when the heater is set to hot and fan is on full and engine is hot too. All the instruments (fan, flaps etc) seem to be functioning but no heat getting to me. It's very cold! Any ideas as to what's broke or what to do to fix problem? Thanks in advance. James

Reply to
jamez79

Sounds like you may have air in the water system - run the engine, and there is a bleed valve somewhere, sometimes in one of the hoses - (but depends on engine) - open till you get a constant stream of water coming out. If it splutters, leave it as this is the air escaping - wait till nothing but water is coming out, and close valve.

HTH, Ed.

heater is set to hot and fan is on full and engine is hot too. All the instruments (fan, flaps etc) seem to be functioning but no heat getting to me. It's very cold! Any ideas as to what's broke or what to do to fix problem?

Reply to
Ed