Heater wont turn off

Hi! I have a 89 toyota 2.4L EFI and the heater wont turn off. It is always blowing hot air (the fan control does work), whehter you turn it to cold or hot. Any ideas???

Reply to
collector1974

If it is the same set up as my '87 there is a valve high on the firewall about in the middle. It has a heater hose in and out. It has a lever controlled by a music wire cable from your heater quadrant on the dash. The valve may be frozen, the cable frozen in its sheath, or the cable may be broken.

-- Jarhead

Reply to
Jarhead

Thanks for the info!! Will try it today!

Reply to
collector1974

There is a valve in the engine compartment close to the firewall. You can manually turn it to either turn the heat on or off. Have someone move the slide in the cabin and see if the valve is moving. If you are lucky the wire just came off the valve, less luck: wire came off the slide, bad luck: wire broken.

In my '90 forerunner I can turn the heat off in the cabin by moving the slide but cannot turn it on again unless I do it manually at the valve.

Reply to
grinder

Great!! Thank you so much!

Reply to
collector1974

the cable just popped loose. I snapped it back into place and it works fine now. Thank you very much.

Reply to
collector1974

You're welcome, glad to help.

-- Jarhead