Front fogs

Just traded in my year old 206 LX and got a 206S. When I ordered it I did'nt know about or told about the 206 SE which has lots of extra's, and its only £600 dearer.

However, 206 S has no front fogs and local pug dealer says I have to buy a new bumper etc :-( total cost about £500. Has anyone managed to cut holes out of the existing bumper easily and do the fog lamps fit sufficiently. Toying with the idea of just buying the little spot fog lamps and fitting them to the sports grille but would rather fit the right ones.

Any answers ?

Phil

Reply to
(_8(|)

Do you really need front fog lights? In 10 years of driving I've only ever needed to use them twice IIRC, we rarely get fog so thick that they are necessary. Seems a shame to bodge your car for something you'll hardly ever need to use.

Reply to
Davemar

Or if you do REALLY need them, check ebay for a front bumper, may even bet able to get a nice GTi one or something :)

Reply to
Dan405

People don't buy cars with fog lights for the ability to see better in the fog, it's really just for it's sporty look and the image they present. I think normally you will hardly ever use them unless you are one of those people who like driving with them on with no hint of fog around. I think cutting your bumper would ruin it ,try getting a GTI one as someone suggested.

Reply to
Mike

sufficiently.

Only time I used them on my LX was night driving in the mist/fog over the North Yorkshire moors commuting between Whitby and Durham. They did actually make a diffrence, and yes they do look a bit sporty as well ;-)

But not worth spoiling my bumper for .

Thanks,

Phil

Reply to
(_8(|)

Is it just me or is that road ALWAYS foggy? No matter when i have been there, its ALWAYS been foggy...

Reply to
Dan405

Aye..thats when I need them ;-)

(_8(|)

If you are fitting lights retrospectively, why not go for driving lights rather than front fogs. You would then get the benefit of a wider field of light to enable you to see the edges of unlit country roads where tarmac blends with hedge bottom, without gathering the wrath of the anti fog light brigade. Unfortunately I have only fogs fitted as std to my GTI, and since feeling compelled to switch them off by the aforementioned lobby, take an extra 20 mins to get home as I can't see the road ahead so well any more. Please put a big sticker on your car telling them that you do have driving lights properly adjusted, and don't forget to flash them for leaving their rear fogs on when not required as this presents a far greater dazzling hazard than correctly adjusted fog lamps ever do. PS Have we had this discussion before gents, not that long ago. Lets not go there again. LOL

Reply to
Shrek

Yeah agree with the rear fog comments, never use them myself. Nothing worse than beimg behind some prat, especially when raining, being dazzled by fog lights and not being too sure when they are breaking .

(_8(|)

Take a look at this auction on eBay - 206 GTi front bumper

Cheers, Matt

Reply to
Matt

sufficiently.

Will keep an eye on that, Cheers.

(_8(|)

wiring(although included in kit)will be fitted (usually blue ,2pin connectors)just fit switch, fuses and relays and you're away about 2 hours to fit but allow a day if you're not a technician

Reply to
Mindwipe