Multi-function display (specifically the 307, but probably applies to other models)

Is there any way to reverse the polarity of the liquid crystal MFDisplay (for the radio, trip computer, etc) on a 307?

I find polarised sunglasses are best for driving, but when I wear them, I can't read the display. As all sunglasses are polarised in the same direction (vertically or horizontally, can't remember which), the only option is to change the display. Is this possible or feasible?

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

yes your dealer can change around the settingen

Reply to
axl

The polarisers in the LCD are part of the operation, so it would mean stripping down the LCD, taking out the polarisers, roating 90 degrees and reassembling. In practice this would mean new polarisers as I doubt it's square.

It's the same with my (goodmans) radio.

Now if you could get hold of a sheet of (cheap) 1/2 wave plate and stick it on the front this would rotate the polarisation (when itself rotated correctly). 1/4 wave plate would convert to circular polaristion (again if oriented correctly). I read (somewhere on the internet) that clingfilm may act as a 1/4 wave plate, but I don't know if this is true.

Reply to
Chris Hodges

:) and the peugeot dealer can do it with just pushing a key at the diag2000

Reply to
axl

On Sun, 16 May 2004 15:46:52 GMT, a particular chimpanzee named Chris Hodges randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

That's what I thought.

Just tried it, and it's not.

Ah well, I'll just have to keep turning my head to see my MPG.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula