Speedo - Update

Well, took it in on Friday for the Speedo to be looked at. Got a call at 1645 saying that an engineer had spent 3 hours running tests etc and cannot find anything wrong and could I go and pick it up.

I refused, point blank, to pick it up, and proceeded to tell my Peugeot Dealer that there is obviously a problem as the speedo/mileage clock doesnt work.

So as it stands at the moment, I am driving round a 206 and they still have my 406. Why do i feel i am going to get a big bill for this?

Ill keep you updated, Oli

Reply to
Oli

I went into my dealer last Friday to get a replacement multi function switch that fits on the auto gearbox of my 406 exec 2 litre petrol auto model. I had been advised by people on this group that this was the most likely culprit. However the dealer's electrician was adamant that it wouldn't be that unit it can only be the speed sensor at fault so reluctantly I bough a new on at £25. I have yet to fit it.

I have some sympathy with the garages as if the fault is like the one on my car they could have the car for weeks, especially in this hot weather before the fault would show up and then for only a few seconds. It really is a case of changing parts one by one until the fault never reappears.

Please keep us informed Oli and good luck.

Reply to
Robin Bendall

I will be intresested to know what they find because i have the same problem on my 406 1.9 td 1996 and they want £650.00 for a new instument panel. Typical dealership horshit! (Excuse my French).

Reply to
Kenny