Re: 106 1.5d gearbox rattle

Heavy metallic rattle heard at start up, goes away when throttle blipped, or

>clutch pedal depressed. Using screwdriver stethascope, the rattle appears to >be nearer to the LH end, (furthest away from engine). There is no noise >heard around the cluch housing, or operating lever. >Car runs beautifully otherwise, and gearchange is excellent. >Any suggestions? > >Brian. > >

I had something similar on my 106, it was actually a exhaust mounting that had worked its way loose. Might be worth getting underneath with a spanner and tightening them up.

Reply to
adcb

Sadly it's not that, though there was a loose bolt where the exhaust is fixed to the lower part of the bell housing.

Reply to
brian