several 205GTi 1,9 questions

hi,

up front my car specs:

205GTi 1905ccm, 88kw (120hp), 150.000 driven km, build '92.

a) i have an oil-pressure indicator, and i dont know what pressure its supposed to be. its weaving between 1 and 2 on a normal run. but its max number is 6, so im a little confused. can anyone tell whats a normal value?

b) i was wondering about ways to improve performance. i heard about 'chip-tuning' (thats how its called in germany), replacing the cam shaft (?) with a modified one etc. what do you suggest, and how many hp can i possibly get? how much will it be (roughly)?

c) i also have a broke-down 205 rallye 1,9 (102hp), engine failure. i dont want to bring it to the knackers yard. i already used some parts of it in my gti. could anyone propose what to do with it?

thank you in advance,

Tim

Reply to
Tim Nigrin

You could always sell it on eBay (either as a whole car or as parts - most likely as parts) - It's a shame you're not in the UK, the 1.9 Rallye was not done over here, just a cut-down version.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Hello,

I definitively prefer the French N-group spicy version, 1294cc 2-twin-body Weber carbs, 103HP, in a light car with GTi drivetrains... Yeah ! 'Must rock ! (I wave at the UK version, 1.4 75HP - Pug laught at you :-) ).

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Glueckwunsch, nice car.

Does it _have_ a normal value? Mine ('93 1.9 cti 105 hp) shows any value between 1 and 6, unless it's low on oil, when it goes below 1 in idle. Seems to correspond somewhat with engine (and thus oil-)

-temperature, yielding lower values for the oil-pressure as the temperature rises. I guess it's main purpose is to show you that you are driving a sporty car ;-)

I don't know, if this model has a chip that can be reprogrammed. As far as I understood, in the injection-system of the cti, the values are not stored in a chip but are set via potentiometers in the electronic injection unit. About the other stuff, I don't know, but there are people around here who dropped other XU engines in their 205's such as the Mi16. If I ever have time and money enough, I would go for that option instead of monkeying around to get some extra hp out of the old engine.

bye

Norman

Reply to
Norman Anthes

Yep, that's a nice one (the French one that is)

Matt

Norman Anthes wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Dankeschön :->.

hmm, thanks for sharing ur experiences.

okay, thanks again.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Nigrin

Hello,

I guess I could forget the UK version :-) They really laughed at you, what could do a 75HP car in a 1400cc class race ?

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T