Special tool for accelerator cable replacement, R reg 406 diesel

I recently bought the cable kit to replace the slightly botched repair job I did at the roadside a few weeks ago. Took car in to my local independent, unfortunately they say they need a special tool to complete the job. So, where could I get hold of this tool? I'll buy one if it ain't too expensive, but I did wonder if there's anyone on here had one they could lend me - naturally I'll pay postage both ways and chuck in some beer vouchers for your trouble.

Over to you.

Cheers,

Ainslie

Reply to
Gingerpose

I know they call it the book of lies, but I have just read through replacing the cable in the Haynes Manual and there is no mention of any special tools. Are they mistaken? If you want me to type out the section for you I will have a go or if the above is your true email addy I can scan the page for you.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

I'm just going by what my garage said, if you could mail me a scan of the BOL I'd appreciate it, might contain some info that could help them complete it and save me having the car idle at 2000 rpm! Email addy is correct.

Cheers

Ainslie

Reply to
Gingerpose