XRDT post head gasket problems

Hi

Just had the head gasket changed on my 95 xrdt becaase i wanted to sell it, now i just started it up to check how it is running and it seems to be misfiring. any ideas?, i don't want to spend more money and i don't want to take it back to the garage i don't think the know what they were doing.

btw i know nothing about cars :/

HELP!

Gavin

Reply to
pug78

Possible it could be a cracked cylinder head.

Never Ever Ever change the head gasket on one of these engines without getting the head pressure tested.

Ask the garage if they had the head pressure tested, if not they should have.

Try starting the engine with the rad cap off and see if the water rises, bubbles or shoots out the top, if it does, you've got head trouble for sure.

Regards Slim

Reply to
martin.taz

Slim,

They said the were going to pressure test the head and have it skimmed.

I have just started it with the rad cap off, and it starts fine, then after a few minutes it starts sort of missing like bab bab.....bab bab and there is white/ light grey coloured smoke coming from the exhaust. the water level stays the same no bubbles either.

Gavin

Reply to
pug78