03 Grand Am getting warm

I have a 2003 Grand Am with 3.4 and about 45K, recently it seems to want to get warmer than usual when stopped in traffic. When the AC is
engaged both fans kick on and keep it nice and cool. Is there a circuit that could be failing and not allowing the normal cooling fan from turning on and keeping the engine cool? I am not familiar with how the cooling fans are controlled and do not have ready access to shop manuals as of yet. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. While moving, it stays within the normal temp range and coolant level is good. Thanks
At 223 degrees the cooling fans will come on, you be the judge here, it can get that hot fairly fast in traffic, from the normal 195-200.

-