1991 Grand Am Broke Down

Hi everyone, my Grand Am has the 2.5L TBI. For a while I have noticed at certain times, the engine speed seemed to warble, (acceleration would not remain steady) namely at around 35 MPH in drive. Also, my service engine soon light would come on if the engine temp is less than

100=B0F.

More recently, it had become worse. My service light had come on more freqeuntly--every time I stepped on the gas and the engine temp was less than 160=B0F. It backfired once or twice. Finally, a couple of days before it quit altogether, I noticed it missed a few times, and once even tried to stall while driving. The service light was on and the engine temp was around 110=B0F.

I get a code 23 -- faulty intake air temp sensor. Yesterday, I tried to start my car, but it wouldn't. I have thought of a few possibilities, but I wanted to see what the general consensus thinks. Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
jwe124

Maybe install a new air temp sensor?

100°F.

More recently, it had become worse. My service light had come on more freqeuntly--every time I stepped on the gas and the engine temp was less than 160°F. It backfired once or twice. Finally, a couple of days before it quit altogether, I noticed it missed a few times, and once even tried to stall while driving. The service light was on and the engine temp was around 110°F.

I get a code 23 -- faulty intake air temp sensor. Yesterday, I tried to start my car, but it wouldn't. I have thought of a few possibilities, but I wanted to see what the general consensus thinks. Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
JHG