2003 GP I don't fit?

Hello group... I love my car but do not fit. I am a big guy, but hey only

5'10"... with the power seat totally back and totally down, my head still hits the ceiling/moon roof.

Doesn't sound right does it? Any thoughts?

Ba

Reply to
Barry

Maybe you have short little legs and a real long torso?

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

"=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@houston.rr.com:

31" inseam... think I'm fairly average... odd one eh?
Reply to
Barry

I'm 5'6" with a 29 inseam, and have a long torso. If you are 4 inches taller and only have legs 2 inches longer you have a long torso. My older sister is the same height as I am but has a 36 inch inseam, she has a short torso. My head rubbed the headliner of my brother-inlaw's Celica Supra years ago the one time that I had to drive it.

If you want a Pontiac, the Grand Am has loads of headroom

Reply to
john graesser
6'1", 33" inseam, same problem here w/ my '03 Bonneville. I've learned to lay the seat back a bit "gangsta" style. Not too comfortable, but passable. The problem is the sunroof mechanicals take up about 3" from the vehicle's headroom. No problem for me in a solid roof car.

Then again, no problem in my '67 GTO with the top down, either!! ;)

Reply to
InjunRAIV

"InjunRAIV" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.greennet.net:

Thanks for the input! I get it now... it's the moonroof! wondered why I fit so well in the demo (or in the GA)!

Hey... I love the car anyway! So does my mini doxie... he loves to lay up on the back shelf... looks like one of those wobbling dogs now and then!

Reply to
Barry

Headline in sunroof car is lower but only 2-3 inches.

The 2000-05 Bonneville / 2003-05 GP's headroom is HS. Impala is okay. I got a Park Avenue and at 5' 11" I can brush the visor or the side of the window frame opening with the ol' bean. Poor design if you ask me.

The inside width of my Buick's ceiling is 6 inches narrower than my Bonneville - found that out when I took the clothes bar out of the Pontiac to use in the Buick - 6 inches to long.

Headroom problems have to do with the curvature of the roof.

Try sitting in the back seat of your GP & see where your head is.

Glad I still got my flat top 91 Bonneville. MAXHeadroom in that car. Can even wear a cowboy hat in it too. - not so in the Buick.

: - (

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 26,122 91 Bonneville LE 303,568
Reply to
Harry Face

Just don't stop too quick !

Reply to
John Karpich

John Karpich wrote in news:qRaOe.3171$ snipped-for-privacy@fe06.lga:

I hear that loud and clear!! And thanks for mentioning that we all should take care of our pets as well as children. Honestly... because he is there I drive about 10 slower, and maybe twice as far behind... he makes me a safer driver.

Reply to
Barry

My Doxie just curls up in the back seat and takes a nap. Our first one used to stand up in the passenger seat, front paws on the side window, barking at pedestrians. Neither took to well to seat belts.

My doxie's name is Willy. He is a mini, black & tan standard coat; and

15 lbs of spunk.
Reply to
John Karpich

My Doxie just curls up in the back seat and takes a nap. Our first one used to stand up in the passenger seat, front paws on the side window, barking at pedestrians. Neither took to well to seat belts.

My doxie's name is Willy. He is a mini, black & tan standard coat; and 15 lbs of spunk.

Reply to
John Karpich

I have a 2005 GTP, same problem, not enough head room. I am 6-0, so they must have used small asians for models???? My previous 98 GTP had a little more room.

Barry wrote:

Reply to
transam