Pontiac GPGT 2003 car stereo question

Hello everyone, I am in the market for an aftermarket radio but I would hate to lose the factory-look of my dash and the radio with steering wheel controls.

My idea is to somehow buy or make a switchbox that I can switch from my in-dash radio to a radio either under my seat, or in the trunk with a cd-changer. This would only really be for an MP3 CD Changer with a corded display I can run into my compartment. In the future I may just toss a computer or laptop into the trunk and try to run audio from that.

Is there anyone that makes something like this? I'm thinking if I were to just turn off the radio and play the other one I would be OK, but I wouldnt want to cause any problems if I were to have both on by accident. I wouldnt want my in-dash radio to lose power for the clock feature, but would love to be able to protect from the above happening if I can.

Has anyone heard of this? Could someone recommend a different solution? I was going to go with an FM Modulator, but the sound is horrible on those things. Please reply to the group as I read here more than my online mail!

Willing to try any ideas! Thank you! -Morty

Reply to
mortyg