97 GP/GT Air Conditioning Unbalanced

Hi, I noticed something odd today w/the AC on my 97 GP/GT w/3.8L. with the AC on, the air is much cooler coming out of the two rightmost (passenger) vents, and only room temp cool coming from the center and two left side (driver) vents. When the sun is out strong, the air temp in the car is at best 'room temp', while in the evening or ear;y morning, the air temp in the car is noticeably cooler. I can understand the daytime temps affecting the car temp, but I don't understand why the cool-air ratio is unbalanced coming out of the vents. Any ideas anybody?! Thanks!

Reply to
Jim

Geoff Welsh

have the a/c checked for proper charge amount ,steve

Reply to
steve kostur

97's have automatic climate control? Little early for that maybe?
Reply to
Paradox

Note the "if" PDX. I'm a mechanic not an auto history trivia expert. I think Caddy's have had that forever....I saw a 97 Olds Aurora the other day that had it. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

I'm neither a mechanic nor an auto trivia expert, but I did just get a '97 Grand Am and apparently it wasn't even an option for them. DH has a '98 GP GT 3.8 with the "one of everything" option package, and it doesn't have auto climate control, and I can't find anything that lists it as an option for that year/model.

Reply to
REP

I realize this is off the subject, but automatic climate control came out in the 1960's, if that's what you meant. I'm having a hard time believing that's what you meant, it's so crazy. I know you're going to misinterpret this. I don't know when they first applied it to Grand Prixs, but I have a junk 74 Grand Prix that has it. Of course it's all pneumatic with a little dash of analog electronics in the temperature controller, but the principle is the same.

On usenet, a lot of times somebody will ask "when did power windows come out" and some person will say "we had a 1972 Pontiac with them, that's when they came out". That's foolish. They're like a first grader that goes to school and learns about the letter Q. He's never heard of it before, so he thinks it's brand new, just invented. If you're out of the first grade, you should know better. A lot of things have happened before each of us came along.

Reply to
Joe