A/C Fan

I have a '98 Pontiac Bonneville SE and the A/C cooling fan is intermittent/ dead at times. Anyone have any ideas on the cause/fix?

Reply to
spiritofohio

My sister's '94 Olds Ciera had a problem just like the one you describe. Caught it in the act one day last week. Motor showed open on my VOM. Plugged it back in and gave the motor a whack with my fist. It started and ran. That told me the motor commutator or the brushes were in bad shape or else there was an open winding in the armature. Evidently the motor occasionally was coming to rest on the "bad" spot and refused to start until normal vehicle vibrations randomly caused the rotor to shift position ever so slightly. Replaced the motor with a new one from Advance. All is well again.

Reply to
Silver Surfer