Coolant circulation

Had overheating problems on my 95 Grand Am quad. Replaced thermostat, had rad flushed, and fan replaced. Still overheated. The garage said there was a minor leak in the head gasket. They fixed that and had the head sent off to GM for a proper pressure test which came back fine. They said it is ok, but coolant is still not circulating properly when idling. They suspected water pump, but they took it out and checked it, and said it was fine. The final thing that they are suspecting is the radiator itself. So even though they flushed the radiator, I guess it is still possible for the radiator to be faulty ? Any other suggestions. The bill is running up quickly and I would really love to get this thing fixed once and for all.

Regards, KDawg

Reply to
KDawg

Depends on the flush. I learned from my own experience on my own G/A that nothing works a well as a new radiator.

Reply to
Paul

I think I said this B4, but, did they flush the block? Did they remove any block drains when flushing the block? GW

KDawg wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

I would say yes, they flushed the entire cooling system to include the radiator, block, & heater core. They broke integitry on the block so it seems prudent to perform a complete flush coolant system.

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE
Reply to
markwb

The cooling system flush would include the block. GW

KDawg wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh