Damn That Dexcool...sprung another leak

Yeeeah ....at 80K miles...and 131k miles.

Reply to
Maccaca

Normal maintenance for a cooling system, regardless of the coolant used involves checking condition of hoses,check for leaks at hose connections to items like radiator and making sure recovery tank coolant level is kept at proper level.

ANYONE that tells you a system on an automobile is "maintenance-fee" is a fool! Even the ententainment systems require maintenance (cleaning tape player heads for instance).

Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA

Reply to
William H. Bowen

No I have not seen the crud produced by "dexcool". I've seen the crud in=20 cast iron engines produced by people to inept to keep their systems=20 topped off. And I have seen crud produced by stop leak on systems that =20 ran low. And I have seen crud produced by conventional green coolant.=20 Never have I seen dexcool generate its "own" crud before. Thats a new=20 one to me. What is your scientific theory that the crud is in fact=20 dexcool and/or the fault of dexcool.

Reply to
Bon·ne·vil

Better to relay what you *know*, rather than all the fairy tales you've heard.

So

How do you know?? Seems to me, the jury is still out on those engines.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

i have an opinion on dexcooll ,,i cant really back it up though.. i think they want it in here for 5 years because there is also stop leak in with it..and it helpsthe car get past the warranty before it leaks out the intake. lucas

ds549