doesn't anybody know??????grand prix

there seems to be a deep dark secret to pulling the codes from a 94-95 grand prix,i understand this was a transitional year between obd-1 and 2 systems and that a obd code reader won't work as well as jumping the test and ground terminals,but with all the tricks out there doesn't somebody have a clue as to how to retrieve these codes.i have a check engine light on and i'll be damned if i'm paying someone 80 dollars just for a few seconds work,there must be a way to check the code????? thanks

Reply to
res0ta8b

You probably need to use a serial reader. Go here and here and read:

=?x-user-defined?Q?py=B6ats=40texxxas=2Enet?=

$80 is a lot cheaper than $350 for the scan tool I have (Auto X-Ray) that reads them. GW

res0ta8b wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

I thought you get the codes read at AUTOZONE for free. Of course they're fix for every check engine light is a new set of O2 sensors.

Buy the scan tool to do it right or pay someone who did so they can pay for they're scan tool.

Reply to
jhones.family

GW worte : I have Auto X Ray to read them ( codes ).

You are so " Buck Rogers ! "

LOL

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~261,000 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face