Fuel Mileage now TERRIBLE - after new O2, intake gasket etc.

I replaced the O2 sensors, plugs, wires and then the next week the intake gaskets (upper and lower). Now my mileage is terrible. It runs good, smooth and powerful, but I am only getting about 22 when I was getting close to 30.

I know it is not a bad reading on my average mileage readout, as I only get about 180 miles before I need a fill up.

v6-3800 non Super. about 244k on engine.

What could I have missed or messed up during these procedures?

I am not getting any check engine lights or codes.

:roll:

Reply to
e-dad

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

Shep

also reset your ecu

> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >>

M.C. Tee

Exactly what kind of vehicle is the V6-3800 engine in that you are able to get close to 30mpg, and how close is close? It must have a pretty small gas tank if you are forced to fill it up after only using 8.18 gallons of gas, is the fuel guage on 1/8, 1/4 or 1/2 when you have to fill up.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

nb

Hello Mikem De Vito Here, don=92t think you did any wrong!! remember all you=92ve changed even good have different values from what you replaced-----and effect gas mileage. Mike De Vito

Reply to
Michael C De Vito