Few G6's to be seen

Just got back to Houston, TX from a 6 day combined business & vacation trip to New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia, USA. In 1500 miles of combined freeway, backroads, and city driving, I saw ONE 4 dr G6 in Pittsburgh, PA and and ONE 2 dr G6 in Cleveland, Ohio. That's all I saw the entire time - 2 G6's.

GTO - I got to look at and listen to a new GTO. It was silver color and a decent looking car. It was good enough looking to make me want to go to a dealer for another look... and maybe a test drive.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

G........whiz Paul,

GM must not be selling too many G 6's. I did notice quite a bit of those new Mustangs galloping along on my vacations. The Pontiac dealer by me has only had 2 GTO's sitting on the lot since May - still there too.

Even in Chicago you don't see many G-6's. We are over whelmed with trucks & vans , SUV's and foreign cars. Still seeing a ton of Grand Marquis rolling down the road & its not just old men buying them anymore.

Don't see very many Buick LaCrosse's either.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 29,612 91 Bonneville LE 304,246
Reply to
Harry Face

GM really shot thierselves in the foot killing the F-body. Ford now has a Mustang that even I drool over. Nothing GM has to offer even comes close for price and performance. Please don't even bring up the "GTO". Bang for the buck Ford has it beat hands down not to mention styling. Gee, modern update on a 67 Mustang or Honda Prelude look-a-like?

Reply to
FBR

A friend at work bought a 6 cly 05 Mustang about 2 months ago and I get to drive it every now & then. A bit cramped in side leg room but sure is a nice car. I don't like not being able to hang my arm out the window though. That will be the deciding factor in my next vehicle.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Gotta ask, why can't you hang you arm out the window? Didn't have any problem on one I test drove.

Reply to
FBR

Fbr

I think Paulie might be one of those short torso Italians that ride with the seat way low, thus making the windowsill line higher up to reach.

I noticed it to when I was in an 05 Mustang. The lower you sit the higher uo the sill. I also didn't care for the shift lever sticking in the right side of the knee either.

Paulie & I like wide window sills like my Park Avenue has. The kind of sill you can rest the whole arm, without having the arm slide off the sill. even with the window up.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 29,612 91 Bonneville LE 304,246
Reply to
Harry Face

It seems to be a late 90's and 00's car maker's fad to to have very high window sills. I like having my arm either horizontal or lower than my shoulder. Having to stick my elbow up in the air just does not feel right and ends up hurting after a while. I'm 5'8" tall.

The Chevy Malibu Maxx 3.5 that I rented in New York last week did not have high sills and was very comfortable to drive. =2E.. Windows down, earplugs in, stereo as loud as it can go, and car between 80 and 100 mph much of the time. That Maxx was a nice car although odd looking.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

My sis got a G6 and LOVES it. It's a sharp, peppy little car with a nice interior. One of my brother's friends is an agent for a car rental company, he said the G6 is one of his favorites from the fleet. That 3.5 has some poke, especially in a small car.

Reply to
Mike Levy

I have one myself that I got back in March. LOVE it! Very comfortable, plenty of get-up-and-go, and rides and handles smooth as glass. No regrets here.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Hughes