GM Logo To Appear On Cars

There was a two inch paragraph in the paper the other day that said GM will start putting a GM Logo on their cars later this year so people know that the car they are seeing is made by GM. The article didn't say where or how many logo's would appear on the vehicles.

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 301,742 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

It will start to appear on the Hummer 2

Harryface ?Ø

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 301,742 miles
Reply to
Tim & linda

Its about GD time! There used to be a GM logo in the door jam in the

1960's. I don't know if they still do it but the seat belt buckles always had a GM logo on the button.
Reply to
Dennis Smith

That is a good idea. I saw my first new style GTO last night going through the supermarket parking lot. I thought it was an early 00's Nissan-Mazda-Toyota until I saw the little badge on the lower front fende= r.

Reply to
« Paul =?is

I think that they're also going to make it bigger on the SUVs and pickups that they make. It makes sense, if people see how many GM cars are on the road maybe they won't think of them as just a faceless thing.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

There are a LOT of people on the road that hate Hummers with a passion. It might be wise for GM to leave their badge off of those puppies.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Me thinks the correct word for what some people think of the folks that drive Hummers is "ENVY" not hate. LOL

mike hunt

"James C. Reeves" wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

Not quite, hummers are oversized, gas guzzling, hideous eyesores driven by people who could barely handle manuvering a geo metro much less something the size of a small bus.

Reply to
Paradox

I doubt that.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

That is what I said, envy. ;)

mike hunt

Paradox wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

Judging from the last part of your reply, I'd say you just proved Mike correct. H

Reply to
Hairy

Hummer drivers and their vehicles are a danger to everything else on the road, along with every other 6000lb suv driving soccer mom.

Direct quote from some chick driving a hummer II who merged into the lane occupied by a passenger car: "Wow I went into the lane and didn't even feel like I hit anything."

Reply to
Paradox

How so?

Reply to
Paradox

Bet that the initial reason was that AMGeneral (of the original HUMVEE) don't necessarily want people to think that the flood of GM Hummer 'n' models is from them.

Reply to
Chris

I knew you Americans where having problems with obescity, but my god, thats one big mother, no wonder she needs a bus.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

You posts continue to prove my point, envy. LOL

mike hunt

Paradox wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

ENVY that it takes a C note to fill one of those puppies up and still requires twice as many fillups as my current car? ENVY that the monster can barely fit in its lane? ENVY knowing that if I drive such a beast I'll have the ire of everyone around me because I block everyone's view?

No thanks. Even if I made a 7 figure salary, I'd still cringe at the fact that so much of my money is getting pissed away in an unjustifiably huge, inefficient beast.

What I *do* envy are those Toyota Priuses (or is it Prii?). I just wish they were a bit roomier.

Reply to
Isaiah Beard

Sure sounds like envy to me.. You prefer a small cramped goofy looking little car to a large roomy, safe, BIG car? Seems to me people laugh when they see someone driving a goofy looking car for which the owner paid a premium price that would buy ALL of the gas for a Corolla for three or four years and will need $4,000 worth the batteries when it is that old. LOL

mike hunt

Isaiah Beard wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

Corvette = Envy

H2= I laugh.

Reply to
Bill 2

you could GIVE me a H2 and I would turn around and sell it to some yuppie and buy a way better vehicle.

Reply to
Paradox