Stupid Question

My '88 Pontiac 6000 2.5L was low on power steering fluid. OK, I went and got some power steering fluid, and when I got home, dumb-dumb me realized that on the label, it said "For Honda Cars" in smaller print. Now this is probably a dumb question, but will this power steering fluid work or should I take it back?

Reply to
Travis King

I'd take it back. The Honda fluid is VERY caustic. Once, I spilled some and it ate through the metal shelf I had it stored on. Then, a week later I realized it had eaten through the garage floor. Four months went by before some guy called me from China and said, "What the FU#*!"

Seriously, why risk it. Buy the regular, non-rice-rocket stuff.

Lee

2000 Bonneville SSEi

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter