IAC Troble

Code 35 came up on scan. Bad IAC. Tested IAC terminals AB-CD with 6 volts and 12volts. Drew a load but no IAC response. Replaced it. Installed new IAC and reset according to Chiltons directions. Idled and ran fine for about a minute. Then went back to original faulty operation. Pulled new IAC and tested with ohm meter. Manual indicates between 50 to 80 ohms. Mine now reads .05 and.07. Am I correct to assume that my ECM is not regulatig the voltag to the IAC? Which ruins it due to excessive voltage? Is there any regulatory component between the ECM and IAC? Is it a chip that controes voltag and can be replaced? Or am I looking at a new ECM? Havent checked Voltage at IAC connector. Will do so.

Reply to
snky_t

I have seen erratic IAC activity from a bad ECM. The only thing between those two components are wires and connectors. I mention the connectors because on some year GM's the computer connection on those tiny little pins can go bad. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh