IL Emissions Test Results

Went in today for the polution test on my car. Thankfully no SES light was on ! The little girl running my car had the tach up near 5000 rpm on the dynomometer ( spelling ? ). I was watching through the window of the booth.

State Standards for HC (Hydrocarbons ) ( Grams ) are 1.074. My car registered 1.062

State Standards for CO ( Carbon Monoxide ) ( Grams ) is 18.972. My car registered 18.061

State Standards for CO2 ( Carbon Dioxide ) ( Grams ) Not Available. My car registered 692.800

State Standards for NO x - Oxides of Nitrogen ( Grams ) are Not Available. My car registered 3.848

Vehicle Test Results = PASSED

Next test date, February 2007. Provided I still own the car 2 years from now.

Estimated mileage in February 2007 would be around 350,000 miles.

: - )

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~298,038 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

How much did it cost?

Reply to
« Paul »

Paulie asked : How much does it cost?

I think its free.

and

Its a required test every two years.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~298,141 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

We have to get one every year. It goes up $4 per year. Jan 22, 05 it cost me $39.50 Car came in way low on everything. 174k miles. I guess the old cat is still working. I pressure washed the engine a day before to remove all the oil and sludge otherwise they would not pass it. ... I changed the oil last month to full nameless brand synthetic oil from half syn oil and gained another one mpg. Was ~21 on dino oil. Went to 23 on half dinos. Now 24 mpg on reconstituted corn oil.

Reply to
« Paul »