lugnut trouble

94 transport,rounded out lugnut ,whats the trick?? nut sets deep into wheel,i think the nut size is 19 mm although 3/4 seems to work on the good ones.what do the garage techs do??an easyout,is that what is needed??and what size probally,i have a 19mm or 3/4 craftsman but can't get it in and around the lugnut,so i am assuming a bigger one is needed,or is thier another method to it???
Reply to
Bob Fox

Good luck. On the mag wheels the nuts are deepset into a tightly fitted well. I've had some luck mig-welding a new nut on the end of the wheel nut and then removing it. The heat from the mig welder breaks the rust free.

I always gresed mine under the plastic "vanity covers" - but I don't have to worry about that on mine anymore as it went to the scrappy 3

1/2 weeks ago. ** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep

I had the same trouble 2 weeks ago on a 93. I tried the Snap-on set but it didn't work. I ended up drilling out the wheel stud. Just be sure to get the drill right in the center and keep using progressivly bigger drills and lots of penetrating fluid to keep things cool and lubricated. Make sure you use quality drills. The kind with the bullet type tip work great to start the hole. Jesse

Reply to
Jesse

Reply to
Bob Fox

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep

Try a set of Grip-Tite Sockets. These ARE NOT the junk Gator Grip 1 Size Fits All sockets.

This socket technology is all about Commom Sense. The tighter you turn, the more pressure it applies to the FLAT of The Hex.

The 3/4" Socket also Grips the 19mm Hex. It works by gripping on the flats of the hex not the driving the corners, which of course are gone.

The 7 piece SAE or 7 Piece Metric sets are only $30 plus shipping. They work very well on this type of problem. Watch the video on this site and it's self explanatory. Good Luck.

Reply to
jrwheels16

Try these

they drive off the flats.