MAF sensor - 88 Grand Prix

Hi again all.

Trying to pin down this engine miss... replaced all wires and plugs and coil pack for this thing... still has a miss, still sounds/feels like it's running rich (smell of gas out the back end, shaking when maintaining a speed of 40-50mph).

I'm going through the sensors now, and the one that makes no difference if I unplug it while the car is on is the MAF sensor. I'm planning to take it out this weekend and clean it, but wanted to know if anybody happened to know what it should do if unplugged while the engine is running?

BTW, I pulled the air filter, it's clean... checked for vacuum at the 4 vac lines on top of the engine. The two at the front which go to the top/side of the engine have suction. The other two, which connect in the back of the engine have nothing.

I replaced the catalytic converter yesterday, which made something of a difference, but not a huge one (it's stopped stalling now)... but it is a hard one to pin down.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mark.

Reply to