Pontiac G6 2 door coupe??

Pontiac has always planned a 2-door G6, but I keep thinking it's not coming out until late 2005.

I don't understand why as this is supposed to be a sporty car and a

2-door GT version should have been of the FIRST made, not last.
Reply to
Ryan

Have patience - your jujitsu will be built eventually..

The two door coupe is being made second, the convertible due out in January 2006 is last. Sedan first as that is the most desirable / popular among customers.

Low sales is what killed the Grand Prix coupe - folks preferred the four door.

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 300,511 miles

000,006 - Feb 4,1991

100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005
Reply to
Harry Face

I do have to add something....

Is the G6 selling?? I NEVER see one on the road. Has it been a flop so far?

Reply to
Ryan

I saw one on the freeway yesterday. The other 5 of them are still on the dealer's lots. It may not be that the G6 Turtle is a flop, it could be that few people buy cars. Most dealerships where I live stock only suv's and p/u's and do not sell cars. I went last week to find a GTO but it seems that the Pontiac dealers only sell Vibes, Montanas, and some kind of pickup truck. Same with Ford. I went to find a

05 Cobra - I found 7 Mustangs between 2 dealers - all 6 cylinders. I also looked at all 3 Infinity G-35 2dr coupes within 20 miles of my place in Houston. Lots of Nissan Titan's and Muranos in stock though. My old car, BMW's, and old junkers are about the only cars on the freeway. Perhaps 100:1 ratio of suv/pu's vs. cars.
Reply to
« Paul =?is

Pontiac NEVER knows what people prefer as they are always force feeding the dealer what they WANT people to like. Stupid, I think. People waited how long for PT Crusiers, and Vipers? Dodge seems to know what people want, Pontiac just guesses, wrongly.

Sad, GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

GW,

A Greek I know waited 11 months on his order for ( first year ) a purple PT Cruiser.

Funny how Paulie says more cars on the lot than trucks. The Tiac dealer by me has at least 30 GP & GTP's, maybe 10 Sunfires, 10 G6's, and a fe w VIbes & GTO's. Since 2003 there were no more than 2-3 Bonneville on the lot and they were GXP's models for $40,000 +.

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 300,511 miles

000,006 - Feb 4,1991

100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005
Reply to
Harry Face

You're forgeting that most people are soccer moms or yuppies now days.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

GM is just now coming out with a competitor to the PT Cruisier. Its called the HHR or something and looks a lot like a PT with a Chebbie grill. The PT Cruiser fad has been over for a couple years already. GM, late as usual.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

The Pontiac Soltice is a BUY and HOLD come Summer. It's the next FIERO. Brilliant!!!!!!!! GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Probably..since they are not much to look at. Why buy one when all of a sudden it seems the Japanese are now putting out attractive cars and US are putting out ugly ones, the exception being the Dodge Magnum and Chrysler 300 which are beautiful. I have never been a fan of japanese cars but those Acura TL's, RL's, along with Nissans Maxima which I used to dispise look pretty damn good. What is GM offering? They couldnt even get the styling right for the GTO debut. No wonder GM is struugling to stay afloat. All GM designers need to be fired.

Reply to
Essb

Are you joking me? the 300m is a hideous throwback to the 70's, and the magnum is a disgusting rebuild of a 80's Station wagon.

the GTO is badass, the rest of GM's cars are pretty hideous, they even managed to ruin the Monte Carlo in 2006.

Reply to
Paradox

The guy who designed the PT Cruiser works for GM now, thats why the HHR looks like a PT.

The Saturn Sky build of that platform looks better, more like a Porche Boxster/MR2 baby.

Reply to
Paradox

Gay yuppies, in which case VW Jettas and Volvo Station Wagons.

Reply to
Paradox

Yes.

Reply to
Scott Zabolotzky

PDX

The 300 does not look like any cars from the 70's that I recall. There selling damn good too. A bruttha designed it and its selling well among his peoples.

The muted color choices on the 300 doesn't really jump out at you.

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 300,604 miles

000,006 - Feb 4,1991

100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005
Reply to
Harry Face

The G6 is one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen.

I bought a 91 Gran Prix last month, and now I'm a Pontiac addict.

If I had better credit, I would trade it in and get a G6.

In fact, if GM has as bad a year as it's saying, I think I'll do that next year when I should be able to get a left over G6 for a steal!!!

Reply to
John Bailo

The 300 does not look like any cars from the 70's that I recall. There selling damn good too. A bruttha designed it and its selling well among his peoples.

The muted color choices on the 300 doesn't really jump out at you.

No look at the front grill, it looks just like the front of any random chevy you see from a movie that dates from the early 80's late 70's... 4 headlamps and a big ugly square grill.

Reply to
Paradox

PDX,

Square grilles with square hole grilles go way back. I prefer square holes to that of a two or three bar grille that has way to much open space ( e.g, 91 Bonnie ).

300 has some characteristic of the first 300 ( 1955 ? ) Nohing wrong with 4 headlights. Cars should have 4 headlights, with low beams that stay on when the high beams are on. I'd like to see bigger tail lights on the back to like they had on the 66 - 70's.

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 300,680 miles