1987 pontiac TransAm has 2 fuel pumps ????? PLEASE HELP?????

Is a 1987 Pontiac TransAm 305 4 bbl 5 speed supposed to have a fuel pump in the gas tank as well as one on the block? 2 fuel pumps???????? I am thinking not and removing the one in the gas tank. Is this OK? or should I leave both. Thanks Greg

Reply to
Pnsman64

Pnsman,

No,.... your vehicle only has one pump. There were two 305 engine configurations for that model year. One was fuel injected, the other was carb. If you have a 4 bbl carb, you have only the mechanical pump, mounted on the engine.

GMdude

Reply to
GMdude

It only has ONE! Who the hell told you it had TWO????

The fuel pump is on the passenger side of the engine block towards the front.

Only the fuel injected cars had the pump in the tank.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Thank you GMdude this explains allot. I am putting this car together from 2 trashed TransAMs and one had no motor in it (must be the fuel injected one)

Reply to
Pnsman64