G6 Coupe looks like a First Ever...Fat Sunfire

I am sorry but I just don't get it. I thought pontiac was coming out with some new sleek machinery?. The G6 aint cuttin' it. Sales figures show that. One of the nicer looking cars which was dropped was the Bonneville...yes Pontiac put the Bonneville to rest, the Bonneville is dead and gone, it was about the only masculine car left in the Pontiac stable. Now whats left is the Grand Prix which has gotten ugly as hell over the last few years. So...What exactly does pontiac have to offer thats worth driving off the lot now? Seems to me to be nothing but the Solstice. The GTO is also another major failure, its been out for 3 years now and I havnt seen anymore than 5 of them going down the road. Folks..lets face the hard cold facts here...and that is that...Pontiac is dying if not already dead. The Solstice can't save it especially since Saturn has the same car labeled as the Sky. GM is hurtin and I believe Pontiac will be the next fall guy in the demise of GM. If GM can save itself it will need new management from the CEO on down to designers.

Reply to
Austrodamous Jones

New management, I agree. Not sure the problem is necessarily the designers themselves than the guidance and direction they're given. I wouldn't let them go just yet. And get some focus groups working to get real-world customer feedback to the designers.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I dont reserve the design complaint just to GM or Pontiac, but a lot of the new cars with their high midlines just look fat and fruity.

Having driven some of them lately, I find most have good visibility and driving characteristics.

BUT, the designers are going to have to realize that if it doesn't look good, many of us are going to say ' no thanks'.

Reply to
<HLS

I think its already to late for Pontiac, I was hoping for a cool replacement of the Grandam but style wise Pontiac failed with the G6...as with the GTO...as with the Aztek...and yes the Grand prix is not winning any styling awards either so what is left? The Solstice??? One little sport car aint gonna save the day. All I can say is grab a Solstice and keep it until its antique as Pontiac memorabilia.

Reply to
Austrodamous Jones

Especially the Chrysler 300C! I want to put a loaf of bread in it.

But many (especially GM vehicles) have "systems" taking control of the drivers experience...that I don't like one bit.

I'll be the odd one out and say that I find a few of the new design of GM vehicles quite attractive. It's the gimmicky crap they put inside the vehicles that I can't stand.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Agreed. I won't buy a car that I can't hang my arm out of the drivers window. Unfortunately that excludes nearly all the American made cars I kind of like. It seems to be a designer fad carried to extreme with Chrylser products.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

I have to agree with the comments on here. I've been a Pontiac fan for a little while now, especially the Grand Prix...and the styling changes that model has undergone in the past decade are enough to make any heterosexual man hide behind a wall so that no one can see him weep like a schoolgirl.

For now, I'm going to hold on to my 92 GTP, which is going incredibly strong after all these years. It may be a bit boxy, but between the hood vents, front grilles, dual exhaust and a vocal 3.4, I really don't mind cruising around these days. The GP's just looked a bit more focused back then...I love the slight angles and the pronounced front end. It just screams "If the name of your car manufacturer ends with 'onda', I WILL ruin your !$^*".

Of all Pontiac cars, I'll probably make the jump next year to a Vibe - a growing family necessitates it, as does a nagging wife who loves how the front seats can be completely lowered for her weekend Ikea excursions.

Reply to
scironi