Power Steering Pump 95 - 3.8

Just got a very sweet 1995 Bonneville SE 60,000 miles real beauty, just one very large bitch.... Anyone ever try and put power sterring fluid in one ??? Jeez, it's like 12" down behind the freeking engine ! AND absolutly NO WAY to view the level ! You can't even SEE the cap ! What a design screw-a-rama ! K... I'm done whinning :)

Reply to
Guess

2001 Grand Prix, same setup. Pump on the bottom, in the back under the alternator. You will need one of those long funnels and a very flexible wrist...Terry
Reply to
Terry

Amazingly, the manual for my '00 SSEi says "It is not necessary to regularly check power steering fluid unless you suspect there is a leak".

Well, I might suspect a leak if I could check the freakin' fluid and see how much is in there!

Every other GM I've had said to check it at every oil change or something like that.

Lee

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter