pressure hose (steering)?????

it was stated to me that in order to change the high pressure steering hose on my 94 grand prix(3.4),i would have to drop the engine cradle,on my garage floor in order to gain excess to the hose nut on the rack,if i loosen the front bolts,then remove the back bolts to the cradle,how far down must the cradle be lowered to get to the hose fixters? is there anything else that would have to be removed??is there really enough clearence to get my hands in there and actually see what i'm doing???the service station said even on a rack up in the air this is a two hour job for a technician to do?? is it that diffacult or can someone with shadetree experiance wing through it,i really do not have $200 to pay someone if i acan do it myself. thanks

Reply to
res0ta8b